Kenji Yano qualified as an attorney at law in 2010 and joined Tokyo Public Law Office, Foreign Nationals and International Service Section in 2020. In 2021, he established Tokyo Kokusai (International) Partners Law Office with his colleagues in Tokyo. He has experience working at law firms in Tokyo and London.
He provides legal services on all matters of domestic and international family law (children law, divorce law, the law of succession, older people), all issues concerning foreign nationals, employment law, and corporate/compliance (competition/antitrust law and risk management).
As well as Juris Doctor (JD) in Competition Law in Japan, he received Master of Laws (LLM) in Human Rights Law from University College London (London) in 2018. He has experience working at Dawson Cornwell in 2019, a leading international family law firm in England recognised nationally and globally. He had also conducted research in family law in London and Melbourne from 2018 to 2020, with a particular interest in child’s welfare, the ethic of care and relational theory. He is a member of the International Society of Family Law (ISFL).
His legal service has been highly appreciated by his clients. Not only has he researched and worked in Japan and overseas, but he has also travelled over 20 countries across the world. He understands how hard it would be for foreign nationals to live outside their countries and how they feel if they have troubles outside their home.
If you have any issues concerned please do not hesitate to contact him. He is here to support you and does his best to achieve your best interests.
Professional Experience/ Education
|2007||Hitotsubashi University, Faculty of Law (B.A, Comparative Law)|
|2009||Kobe University School of Law (J.D with Distinction, Competition/Antitrust Law)|
|2010||Qualified as an Attorney at Law in Japan|
|2011-2017||Associate, Usui & Partners (Tokyo)|
|2018||University College London, Faculty of Laws (LLM in Human Rights Law)|
|2018-20||Conducted research in family law in London (UK) & Melbourne (Australia)|
|2019||Foreign Lawyer, Dawson Cornwell (London)|
|2020||Tokyo Public Law Office, Foreign Nationals and International Service Section|
|2021||Tokyo Kokusai (International) Partners Law Office (newly established)|
- Member of the International Society of Family Law (ISFL)
- Member of Japan Federation of Bar Associations
- Member of Dai-Ichi Tokyo Bar Association
- Kenji Yano is listed in Lawyer’s List at UK, US, Australian and other Embassies in Japan as a English-speaking specialist.
- Supporting Member of the non-profit organisation ‘Fathering Japan’ which encourages fathers todo caring for children.
- Supporter of the non-profit organisation ‘Orange Ribbon’ whose aim is to combat child abuse.
”Family Law Implications in the Neo-Pandemic Society” (September 2020）
※Webinar for foreign Consular staffs in Japan [language: English]
- Reading Books: “The Tale of Genji” (by Shikibu Murasaki), Sōseki Natsume, Yukio Mishma, Kazuo Ishiguro
- Travelling: around 20 countries across the world
- Visiting Bookshops in the world: the most favourite is Hatchards in England.
- Sports: baseball (15 years), tennis, table tennis, scuba diving
- Films & Music: Paul McCartney, Ed Sheeran